Stories and Storytelling
Leadership stories are a great way to learn about leadership because they are engaging, memorable, and provide context about how things really get done. Establishing a regular habit of reading about effective leaders is an excellent practice for leaders at all levels. Senior leaders should also learn to tell compelling leadership stories as a means of conveying lessons, values and organizational culture.
- Stories of Leadership in Government
- Includes some great success stories that will give you hope.
- Biographies of Public Leaders
- How some of our greatest leaders learned to lead.
- Leadership Novels
These aren't necessarily about government, but they are good--and instructive--reads.
- Movies with Leadership Insights
- Tell Stories as a Leader
Leaders should make strategic and deliberate use of stories to convey values, experience, and lessons to the next generation.